Been in a vehicle accident? We can help. Here is a guide to the steps you need to take to make sure everything is taken care of in a timely manner. Western Autobody, Regina, SK’s leader in autobody repair.
1. The first thing to do in an accident is to stay calm. Get the other driver’s information such as:
- Driver’s license
- Phone number
- Make and model of vehicle
- Plate number
It is also a good idea to take pictures of the other drivers license plate, driver’s license and any damages as well. Take down any witness information, if available.
2. You only need to contact the police if:
- the vehicles are not drivable
- someone is injured
- someone is impaired
- it is a hit and run
3. Next, call us and we will get you in for an estimate. You will still need to report to SGI but we can do everything but make the report for you.