The company was founded in June 1944 by Nickolas Hauck. Nickolas was the father of the present owner G.F. (Gerry) Hauck. Gerry began working at the company in July 1952 at the age of 15. Gerry was a journeyman autobody technician as well as running the company. He has extensive knowledge of collision repair.
Western Autobody had meager beginnings. A small 2500 sq foot shop with a rear alley entrance located on South Railway and Scarth streets. The Cornwall Center’s present location. At that time Nickolas had 1 employee.